Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 3 - 25 Days of Ridiculous Things I See in Holiday Catalogs




Day 3 – Shirts That Make a Scary Face When You Stand In An Uncomfortable Position

Keepin’ this one short, folks – just one silly little item.  This ridiculous shirt.


 I guess the fun here lies in the fact that if you exaggeratedly cross your arms like a rapper from the 80’s, then the pictures on the arms will form the mouth of whatever creature is on the front of your shirt.  I’m glad I can post a picture here, because as it turns out, this dumb shirt  is kinda hard to describe.

What is the point here?  And, can we please see a picture of what the shirt looks like if you don’t stand like that all day?   I’m sure it’s fun for a little kid for the first few minutes, to show off the way his arms look like a big scary mouth when he stands like so…  But after those exciting few moments are over, then what? …what a let down. Then its just a crazy shirt that probably makes it look like the shark (raptor, what-have-you) has an incomplete face and random rows of teeth growing out of  the side of his head.  Well now, that's just silly.

Wait, just to interrupt myself for a minute -- this kid needs a hair-cut.  What is this, a bi-level?  


And doesn't he know that if he stands like that it will make it even easier for the school bus bully to steal his lunch money?


Okay where was I?  Oh yes....so, the description says that it allows you to “chomp chomp chomp by moving your arms”, 

that motion would probably the only thing this kid could do to make himself look more idiotic.  If he were 8, I’d let it slide-  it might even be a little funny, but Screech here looks old enough to drive, and I think that makes him old enough to not wear this shirt.


But wait…to be fair, I have to say, I don’t really like shark shirts or dinosaur shirts anyway.  So, this becomes a matter of opinion.  I suppose I wouldn’t be a fan of this one either way, with or without the stupid arm design.  But, if the stance required to get the full effect of this shirt isn't enough to qualify it as ridiculous, the description, which refers to it as "ingenious printing" certainly is.  Ingenious, really??  Ridiculous.






2 comments: