Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4 - 25 Days of Ridiculous Things I See in Holiday Catalogs - Faux Clothes

"Faux" clothes....I don't get it.

 Here is a pair of pants made to look like a pair of jeans, but it’s actually not a pair of jeans, it’s a pair of cotton pants.


Confused?  Me too.  I don’t understand the point.  Are jeans SO uncomfortable that you need a pair of cotton pants made to look like jeans?  Like worn out jeans with a fake hole?  And the description mentions how realistic they look. Here’s an idea…why not just wear a pair of jeans – they look like real jeans too!  Also, do cotton pants really look good on anyone?

And here are some faux work pants.

 I guess so you can look like you’re carrying tools, but (wait for it…) you’re not really carrying tools!!! – Yes, I get it.  They’re meant to be a joke (“…for not-so-handy men” as the description says).  Hilarious.  So, if you know a big lazy slob and you want to get him a gag gift to make fun of the fact that he doesn't do any work around the house, buy him a pair of comfy cotton pants -- that's sure to get him going!  You might just embarrass him right up a ladder!

And here’s the faux suit shirt.  A classic.  So, normally I wouldn't actually have a problem with this one. I would give it the respect it deserves, except it earns it's place on the ridiculous list because it's a polyester t-shirt that costs $40. 



Ahhh, but I've saved the best for last....



... the faux shirt of a very thin and tattooed body.  These are awesome.



 The best thing about these shirts is that they are offered in size XXL. So, I suppose if you got that you would have about a foot of white background on either side of this slim little inked up body.  I’m not sure why anyone would want that? Hey, look how much my actual body sticks out on either side of this flawless body I'm sporting on my t-shirt.  My real body is like a nice big white backdrop for this smaller and sexier body...That's hot, right??
.
Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment